Stay safe and keep your vacation awesome with these Vacation Travel Safety Tips You Never Thought of!
Be prepared and avoid those slimy bad guys with these fun and helpful tips…
- Beating Jet Lag
- Staying Healthy While Traveling
- Best Suitcase Packing Tips
- How to Earn Money on the Road as You Travel!
Vacation Travel Safety Tips
1. Don’t Look Flashy – Blend in with the Locals!
Don’t be the obnoxious tourist… try to blend in with the local culture wherever you are! The two best things to do when adapting to a new culture are to dress like the locals, and to learn useful phrases from the local language (using a Language Phrasebook is really helpful!).
Want to play a sneaky trick on pickpockets? A fun way to outsmart them is to carry an empty wallet in your pockets (front or back). If they’re ‘successful’ at swiping your wallet, they’ll be disappointed once they realize they’ve been tricked!
Note: this tip is best used if you’re carrying your cash, credit cards and other valuables in a money belt.
Storing your cash, credit cards, and other valuables in a Money Belt is the easiest way to keep them out of sight! It’s also perfect for when you travel to any of the wilder, more unpredictable destinations on your bucket list! 😉
4. Store Extra Cash in a Hairbrush Diversion Safe!
A fun way to hide your cash is with this Hairbrush Diversion Safe! It’s totally unexpected, and nobody is going to steal a hairbrush from you! I mean, seriously, who wants a used hairbrush?? 🙂
5. Or, Store Your Cash in a Men’s Deodorant Diversion Safe!
This Men’s Deodorant Diversion Safe is another fun, sneaky way to store your cash! Who is going to expect you to store cash in a basic toiletry? Just don’t forget to bring the real deodorant as well…
6. Use Your Hotel Safe to Store Valuables
If you have any devices that you won’t be using for the day, put them into your hotel safe. If you want, you can also put your hairbrush and deodorant diversion safes in there, too! 🙂
7. Keep Your Valuables on Yourself while in Transit
It’s so easy to kick back and relax when you’re on any type of public transit, between rigorous sightseeing in cities. But this is actually the time when your luggage and valuables are the most vulnerable. Check out these tips to keep your valuables safe while in transit…
- On flights, don’t put anything you care about in the seat back pockets – not only are they filthy and full of germs, but it’s so easy to forget your stuff when you leave the plane!
- When you’re traveling by train, make sure your luggage is locked down. Otherwise, all it takes is one bad character to snatch your loose luggage when you’re sleeping or unaware!
- And when you’re driving, store your luggage out of sight in the trunk of the car. If you are making stops along your road trip, even if they’re 5 minutes or shorter, keep ALL valuables out of sight… lock them in the glove box, or bring them with you if they don’t fit in the trunk!
Related: Best Suitcase Packing Tips
8. Stay on an Early Schedule
Okay, this tip is a hard one if you’re a sleepyhead like me, but if you actually wake up early and go to bed early, you can avoid a large amount of premium “crime time!”
The thing is, so much crime happens when it’s dark, and those lazy scam artists and pickpockets often like to sleep in late. It really does pay to get an early start!
Related: Staying Healthy While Traveling
9. Use a Credit Card with Fraud Protection
Don’t ever leave home without a credit card that has guaranteed fraud protection… there are so many ways that credit cards are getting cloned these days.
To put it simply, if your credit card info is stolen, and you don’t have fraud protection… your vacation just got really expensive!
10. Add a Lock Screen to Your Phone, Tablet and Laptop
Adding a lock screen to your devices is so easy to do, and it keeps all of your information on the devices safe… from prying eyes or even if they fall into the wrong hands. (worst case scenario!)
11. Keep Your Hotel Keys After You Check Out
Always keep your hotel keys after your you check out. Most of the time, your hotel wants to keep them, but often times, they have your credit card information on the cards. Be safe and shred your old hotel keys once you get home!
See, staying safe while traveling isn’t too hard… some of the things you can do are pretty fun! Now it’s time to have more fun planning your next vacation with these creative Travel Tips below…
Now that you’ve seen these Vacation Travel Safety Tips, don’t miss out! Follow along with Never Ending Journeys for more fun Travel Tips and Ideas!
Leave a comment & share!