Looking for a flavor packed dinner to try this week? You’re going to enjoy this Baked Ziti Recipe Easy!
Craving a new addition to your dinner menu? Perhaps something comforting, something irresistibly savory and delicious? It’s time to meet your new favorite dinner: Baked Ziti!
This Based Ziti Recipe Easy is the culmination of ziti, sausage, mozzarella, parmesan, onion, and other irresistible ingredients. Family and friends alike will enjoy this tasty meals for weekend get-togethers, or holidays!
So, are you ready to make your ziti casserole? Here’s what you’ll need…
Baked Ziti Recipe Easy
Related: 21 Tips for Saving Money on Groceries
What is Ziti Casserole Made of?
So perhaps you’re wondering what ziti casserole is made of, and where those tasty flavors come from? Well, you’re about to find out!
- Classico Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- Ground Italian Sausage
- Ziti Pasta Noodles (although Penne can be substituted)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Ricotta Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- White Onion finely diced
- Olive Oil
- Dried Basil Leaves
Do You Bake Ziti Covered or Uncovered?
No, you don’t need to cover baked ziti while baking it. Unlike other casseroles, that’s just one more thing which makes baked ziti easier to make!
What is a Good Side Dish to go With Baked Ziti?
Baked ziti is a fairly versatile Italian-inspired dish, so there’s a lot of options! Essentially, any Italian side dish pairs well with a baked ziti casserole. Some examples include:
- Garlic Bread
- Italian Bread With Garlic Butter
- Garden Salad
- Caprese Salad
- Marinated Mushrooms
What is the Difference Between Lasagna and Baked Ziti
Straight off the bat, the main different is that baked ziti is a casserole made with ziti, whereas lasagna is made with lasagna. Yes, probably a shocking answer! Ultimately, both are Italian casseroles with rich and creamy cheesy layers and savory flavors. You honestly can’t go wrong with either one.
That being said, baked ziti is the winner. The reason being… well, this is a baked ziti recipe after all! 😉
Baked Ziti Recipe Easy Casserole
- 48 oz Classico Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 16 oz Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 pound Ziti Pasta Noodles Penne can be substituted
- 16 oz shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup White Onion finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Basil Leaves dried
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown Sausage in frying pan on stove over medium heat, until fully cooked. Drain, and set aside.
- Then in small frying pan, heat Olive Oil, and sauté chopped Onion and minced Garlic for 4-5 minutes, then set aside.
- Once complete, strain pasta and add to large mixing bowl.
- Add Onions, Garlic, Parmesan, Ricotta, and 1 jar pasta sauce to large bowl with Pasta, then stir. ( Mixture may be lumpy)
- Spray 9×13 casserole dish with Nonstick Cooking Spray.
- Evenly spread 1/2 Pasta/Cheese/Sauce mixture evenly over bottom of casserole dish.
- Pour 1/2 jar of Pasta Sauce jar over mixture.
- Sprinkle 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese over Sauce.
- Evenly spread out Cooked Ground Sausage over Mozzarella Cheese layer.
- Do another layer. Spread remaining Pasta/Cheese/Sauce mixture evenly across Sausage.
- Pour last 1/2 jar of Pasta sauce over mixture.
- Sprinkle 8 oz. Mozzarella Cheese over Sauce.
- Top with sprinkled dried Basil leaves.
- Bake for approx. 25 minutes or until hot. Enjoy!
So, looking for more delicious pasta and Italian-inspired dinners? Go check some out below…
So, are you ready for a new dinner that’ll quickly become a family favorite? This bacon alfredo chicken pasta recipe is calling your name! With only 5 Ingredients, this crockpot dinner is rich, creamy, and loaded with flavor.
So… are you on the hunt for an easy and delicious dinner to add to your menu this week?? With the gooey mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes, and fresh basil… this Crockpot Italian Mozzarella Chicken is so simple to make, and sure to become a fast family favorite. You’ll get so much delicious flavor in every bite!
Looking to add a delicious Italian flair to your dinner this week?? This easy Crockpot Chicken Marinara recipe is such a fun and easy way to jazz up your weeknight menu!
On the hunt for an easy and delicious dinner to add to your menu this week?? This Crockpot Olive Garden Chicken is so simple to make, and sure to become a fast family favorite! The best part is that it’s only 3 Ingredients! Talk about easy!
Meaty and delicious, this dish has all of the components of cabbage rolls layered into a mouth-watering yet effortless casserole. Stuffed cabbage can be time-consuming, but now you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen with this easy slow cooker recipe!
Kids and adults alike will enjoy digging in to this delicious dinner and it will be requested week after week. In fact, it’s my son’s favorite meal! Pair it with a simple green veggie like this Roasted Broccoli with Walnuts to round out your meal. You will love how quick and easy it is to prepare – letting nothing stand in your way of a healthy home-cooked meal. Plus.. it’s Freezer-friendly!
Don’t miss out! Follow along with Never Ending Journeys for more fun Travel Tips and Ideas!
Have you tried this Baked Ziti Recipe Easy?
Leave a comment & share!