On the hunt for the perfect dinner for any holiday or special occasion? Check out this Crock Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe!
Following is a delicious Polish recipe and guest post from Holly Clegg with The Healthy Cooking Blog. ENJOY!
Meaty and delicious, this dish has all of the components of cabbage rolls layered into a mouth-watering yet effortless casserole.
Stuffed cabbage can be time-consuming, but now you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen with this easy slow cooker recipe! This might be the easiest recipe ever as you just pour all of the ingredients into the crock pot and a few hours later you have your meal that basically cooks itself! If serving on New Year’s Day, add this cheesy Black Eyed Pea Dip with ground sirloin and a little kick of jalapeno as a fun side!
Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe
Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe! (Crock Pot)
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Sirloin
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 cups Instant Brown Rice
- 1 16-ounce bag Cole Slaw
- 1 24-26-ounce jar Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 cup light Brown Sugar
- In 3 1/2 - 6 quart slow cooker, insert plastic liner if desired.
- In large skillet, cook meat, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is done, about 7 minutes. Drain any excess liquid, then add pepper.
- Add meat with remaining ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 - 6 hours, or until done.
Calories 359; Calories from Fat 19%; Fat 8g; Saturated Fat 2g; Cholesterol 47mg; Sodium 396mg; Carbohydrates 48g; Dietary Fiber 5g; Total Sugars 16g; Protein 23g; Dietary Exchanges:
3 starch; 1 vegetable; 2 1/2 lean meat
Now that you know how to make this delicious Lazy Holubtsi Recipe in the Crock Pot, check out another fun casserole recipe with an international twist below…