On the hunt for an easy new dinner to make? You’re going to love this Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad Recipe!
Following is a deliciousSweet Potato Salad Recipe and guest post from Team Holly at The Healthy Cooking Blog. ENJOY!
This savory Southwestern Sweet Potato salad is loaded with roasted sweet yams, crunchy corn, black beans, and tossed in a light jalapeno dressing. Talk about an explosion of flavors and colors. Plus, it’s vegetarian and gluten free! Healthy, delish, and the perfect way to enjoy sweet potatoes all year long!
Serve it warm, at room temperature, or chilled straight from the refrigerator. It’s just up to you! So are you ready for a sensational side dish that will be the hit of every BBQ and cookout? Here’s what you’ll need to make your Southwest Sweet Potato Salad…
Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad
- 6 cups peeled sweet potato Louisiana yams chunks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup frozen corn thawed
- 2/3 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon jarred jalapeno slices
- Preheat oven 425°F. Coat foil lined baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- On prepared pan, toss together sweet potatoes, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast about 30 minutes or until potatoes are crisp. Cool.
- In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, corn, black beans and cilantro.
- In blender, puree lime juice, garlic, jalapeno and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss with potato mixture and serve.
Find more recipes like this from Holly Clegg’s Trim and Terrific Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook.
So, looking for even more delicious recipes to add to your menu? Go check these out…
As fresh tomatoes start to ripen, I can think of nothing better to highlight their amazing juiciness than this Tomato Bruschetta Couscous Salad Recipe – an unbeatable combination of fresh basil, mozzarella, and tomatoes at their best!
This Simple Southwestern Casserole Recipe uses family-friendly ingredients and Tex-Mex flavors to make the most mouth-watering hearty meal. Kids and adults alike will enjoy digging in to this delicious dinner and it will be requested week after week. In fact, it’s my son’s favorite meal! Pair it with a simple green veggie like this Roasted Broccoli with Walnuts to round out your meal. You will love how quick and easy it is to prepare – letting nothing stand in your way of a healthy home-cooked meal. Plus.. it’s Freezer-friendly!
Looking for some yummy Crockpot Recipes to add to this week’s menu?? Well, I’ve got you covered! These Best Crockpot Recipes Ever include delicious Appetizers, Dinners, and Beverages!
Looking for some delicious recipes to add to this week’s menu? These Best Easy Instant Pot Recipes are here to the rescue! Here you’ll find my favorite pressure cooker appetizers, dinners, sides, and breakfast recipes. Overall, I know you’re going to enjoy adding these meals to your weeknight menu!